Today we are trying to discuss the difference between MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. MacBook Air and Pro differ in terms of specific features and targeted consumers. The prices of both are different, and which one is right for a person depends on their needs and tasks on a laptop.
Difference between MacBook Air and MacBook Pro
Specialties of MacBook Air
MacBook Air is the most popular option, and it suits most of the users. The MacBook Air is slightly cheaper and is designed for users who want to do necessary tasks. This includes Internet browsing, word processing, video streaming, and more.
One of the main difference between MacBook Air and MacBook Pro is the weight. MacBook Air is lighter than the Pro, making it portable and easy to carry. It works well for these activities, but otherwise, when it comes to more important activities like gaming and video editing, yes.
These tasks can be performed on a MacBook Air, but they are often not recommended, and they do not work well, especially since they are not designed to do so. There is no proper cooling system, so hard work heats the system and eventually breaks the laptop.
- The modified scissor mechanism on the magic keyboard is more durable and stable so that you can type more comfortably.
- With the Retina True Tone display, you can see all your work in vibrant color.
- Run all your demanding programs on the 4-core Intel Core i5 processor.
- This MacBook Air has 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports. Therefore, a separate cable converter is required if you want to connect a device with a USB-A, Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, or VGA output.
Advantages of MacBook Air
- Relevant to 11.5 hours of battery life related to 10.5 hours for a basic 13-inch MacBook Pro. It weighs just under 2.8 pounds compared to 3.1 pounds for the entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro.
- Faster RAM: LPDDR4X 3733 MHz vs. LPDDR3 2133 MHz for the entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro
- Support for 6K and 5K displays on 13-inch MacBook Pro
- Unlike the MacBook Pro and the Air also has a gold color choice.
With the fast and compact Apple MacBook Air (2020) 8/256 GB 1.1 GHz Space Gray, you can get your daily tasks done in without wasting extra time. This laptop has a tenth generation Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM. So it is stable enough for all your activities, whether you are editing vacation photos or writing school reports.
Now it’s more convenient to use the updated Magic Scissor keyboard. That way, you can quickly write that long report in one go. You can do it wherever you are, as the Retina True Tone display automatically adjusts the intensity of light in the room. Plus, the Apple MacBook Air lasts 12 hours on a single charge.
Specialties of Macbook Air Pro
The MacBook Pro, on the other side, is aimed at people who occasionally, if not often, use a high-performance laptop and are therefore priced higher. It has two main varieties, the 13-inch, and the 16-inch. The 13-inch model is the perfect balance between the MacBook Air and the 16-inch MacBook Pro.
It is slightly less portable than MacBook Air, but also more potent than MacBook Air. It’s more portable than the 16-inch MacBook Pro but not as powerful as the 16-inch MacBook Pro.
Generally suitable for people who want to do more critical tasks like video editing but are looking for a more portable and affordable option. It costs a bit more than the MacBook Air, but it has unique features and individual buyers.
Advantages of Base 13-Inch MacBook Pro
- The display supports the P3 color gamut for darker and more vibrant colors.
- The screen is up to 500 nits brighter than the 400 nits of the MacBook Air
- Press the bar
- Speakers with slightly better sound
The 16-inch MacBook Pro is the most potent MacBook on the market. It is aimed at consumers who often want to do heavy-duty tasks like video editing, 3D rendering, and more. Obviously, there are drawbacks to obtaining this variant. Yes, it is an incredibly powerful laptop, but it is expensive and not portable, especially if someone is persistent.
It also has a dedicated graphics card, a proper cooling system, and a powerful processor designed for greedy electricity. For this reason, the 16-inch MacBook Pro is only suitable for a minority of consumers.
To see all the difference between MacBook Air and MacBook Pro, MacBook Air is still the best solution for light daily tasks like browsing the web and creating spreadsheets. The MacBook Pro is best suited for more intensive tasks, such as providing large video lists.
This is not only because the MacBook Pro has faster processors than the Air, but also because it has a more advanced thermal design to dissipate heat inside the computer.
While the MacBook Air is updated with the latest tenth-generation Intel processes, the entry-level 13-inch MacBook Pro continues to use previous eighth-generation processors. However, the Air uses Y-series chips with lower performance and lower clock speeds, so the Pro still has faster overall performance, as confirmed by benchmarks.
What’s the Same between Both Macbook Models
- 13-inch retina image with 227 pixels by inch and True Tone support
- Magic keyboard with reliable scissor-switch design
- Force Track tactile trackpad
- 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Standard SSD 256 SSD storage, configurable up to 2TB
- Touch Identity
- T2 security chip
- 720p webcam
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac, also known as Wi-Fi 5
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Set up three microphones with a radial direction
- Dolby Atmos surround sound
At the end of our topic, ” Difference between MacBook Air and MacBook Pro,” I’d like to say if you value portability and extra battery life. Are you ready to sacrifice your results? The MacBook Air offers excellent value for money. Don’t forget to spend $ 100 more on the quad-core Core i5 option, as the $ 999 base model has an extra slow dual-core processor.
For more intensive tasks, MacBook Pro’s faster 13-inch processors and more advanced thermal design let you push the limits without hindering the fans. You also get the touch bar, a brighter and more dynamic display, and speakers with slightly better sound and a high dynamic range.
Also Read: When does the PlayStation 5 Come Out